Saturday, January 5, 2008

Peanut Butter Blossoms


Around the holidays, tons of people were making these cookies. I realized that I had never made them before. I've really never even eaten them all that much. I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies. But I wanted to try them because everyone raved about them and they're so darn cute. These are very simple and very tasty. Even for someone who doesn't particularly care for peanut butter cookies! I had to give a bunch of them away to friend tonight because my husband and daughter really don't eat peanut butter cookies at all and I didn't want to eat them all by myself!

Peanut Butter Blossoms (source: Michelle at Sugar & Spice)

Ingredients:
48 Hershey's kisses, unwrapped
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown suage
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
sugar for rolling

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Remove wrapper from chocolates.

2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg. milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together Flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I lined my sheets with parchment paper)

4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around the edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you liked these! They are a Christmas staple around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! They look so good. These are my fav cookies around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I thought I was tired of seeing cookies after the Christmas gluttony. You just had to tempt me with one that has a kiss on top.
    So I have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm I love these little bites of delight. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive never made these either but love them!

    ReplyDelete