Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our favorite lunch

We always have such a hard time coming up with yummy lunches. Maura is pretty picky about what she will eat for lunch. Growing up, my mom always made pizzas on english muffins. But we use bagels in our house. It is so easy and yummy and very filling. It's not the healthiest lunch, but it could be worse! And I know it's not exactly gourmet, but I wanted to share it with everyone anyway :-)

What we usually do is take a bagel, one for each person, and split it in half. Our fave bagels to use for this are Thomas' plain bagels. Lay it on a baking sheet and top with the sauce of your choice. We use Don Pepinos when I don't feel like making homemade sauce (which is most of the time). This sauce is really really yummy. I'm guilty of licking the spoon after I spread the sauce on the bagels. Then top with your favorite toppings!! We are boring, so we always just top with shredded mozzarella, but the possibilities are endless. Pop them in the oven at 425 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, depending on how you like your pizza. These are so simple and so yummy I wish I could have them everyday!

4 comments:

  1. We used to do the english muffn pizza when I was younger too! I've never made a bagel pizza, I'm sure it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also used to always do english muffins. After years and years of them, I can't stomach them anymore! We've moved to bagels too! They are so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, this is a great idea and a great new use for bagels. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE that sauce.... i think its a baltimore thing :)

    ReplyDelete