My good friend Michelle came up with a new chocolate chip recipe and when she said they were everything she dreamed a chocolate chip cookie would be, I knew I had to try them. And I am so glad I did. They are perfect. I did mess up a little at first. I forgot to stick the dough in the fridge before baking. But that's ok, they were still yummy. I also didn't have enough vanilla. I could definitely tell that the cookies needed more vanilla. Again, they were still delicious. Here's Chelle's recipe. My changes are in italics. But they really aren't changes. Anyway...
Chelle's Soft & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Source: Sugar & Spice)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips because that's what I had. They are yummy!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (I set my oven to 350 because I was using nonstick pans)
2. Microwave butter for 30 seconds, stir and set aside. Do not worry if it is not completely melted.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beating just until combined (do NOT overmix!). Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate dough for 15-30 minutes.
6. Drop by rounded spoonful (I used a Pampered Chef cookie scoop that holds approximately 2 tablespoons) onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes (my cookies only needed 10 minutes) or until edges are just brown and middle is not quite set yet. Cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
7. Before adding more dough to warm cookie sheets, place sheet in freezer for 5-7 minutes to cool.
Store in an airtight container. Recipe yielded 3 1/2 dozen cookies.